The Student Lounge
July 10, 2020, 03:03:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Each listening critique must contain a minimum of 300 words to receive credit.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Beatles: Great band or greatest band!?  (Read 7987 times)
greg6691
Songwriter (10 points)

View Profile
« on: December 03, 2009, 11:51:44 am »

Aside from favorites, biased views, and simply obsessing about the "hawt" frontman of the band, would you consider the Beatles one of the greatest, if not, the greatest ROCK, emphasis on rock, bands that ever existed on the face of the earth? Not forcing you to bend over backwards for the Beatles but give credit when credit is do is all I'm saying. Though, I probably sound like an obsessive Beatles fan. I'm just trying to prove a point. Sure, I have other bands that I like more than the Beatles but I cannot deny that the Beatles were innovators for their time.
Comments, opinions, opposing views? Post em' up!
C@milo1527
Master Musician (20 points)

Rockin'

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 06:46:10 pm »

I wouldn't say "the greatest." But they sure go down as one of the best groups, along with The Rolling Stones, Bee Gees, The Beach Boys, and many, many more. There are many groups that had different things that would attract people to them. Again, there's no such thing as "the greatest"

It's not what you know, but what you can prove!
Tiane2500

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 02:35:45 pm »

They made such a large impact on modern music that it's hard to say that they aren't the best. Unfortunatly so did many others so it's safe to say that they were a GREAT band, but not THE GREATEST...

Dare to live <3
Anabella5523

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 12:10:32 pm »

I believe the Beatles are the greatest rock band for many reasons,  they came at the right time, the 60s, and created a unique style that changed the rock history for ever, they influenced and inspired many bands, much of their music and songs are recognized to be masterpieces, their albums and songs are still top sellers in many countries. I love the Beatles! my favorite songs are "She loves you", "I want to hold your hand", "Help!",  and "All my loving".

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything."
Laurie0427
Afficionado (5 points)

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2010, 08:07:19 am »

I think they were a great band and played very influential part in music.  I grew up having my parent play Beatles songs and I love them but there are also so many more great bands out there. So I think I would have to go with Great Band.
Carlos4177

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 10:40:04 am »

The Beatles are a great band.  And they also can be considered as one of the greatest bands of all time, due to their success on the charts.  But in my opinion, music is based on what the listener likes, so to say that one band is the greatest is all determined by who is listening.
shirley9932
Songwriter (10 points)

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2010, 12:10:06 pm »

The Beatles are a great band with great songs and lyrics! However, I do not think they are the greatest band. I prefer Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, AC/DC or Aerosmith.
vanessa1711
Composer (15 points)

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2010, 03:24:56 pm »

The Beatles are a great band.  I will say it can be considered one of the greatest bands till today, we never know what other bands can come out in the next years and can be as good or better than The Beatles. Like as an example, first we had Elvis, Then The king of pop, and at the time Elvis was in his top moment I  think no one ever expected to have another king for the music. There will always be someone out there that will be better than a previous band.
ashley2333
Composer (15 points)

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2010, 09:36:40 pm »

Its hard to name a band "the greatest" because you are always going to have listeners disagree. No one is ever going to be able to come to an agreement on which band is the greatest. Although their success on the charts is through the roof now and when they first came out, it doesn't necessarily make them the greatest, but definitely without a doubt, a great band.
Vanessa0665
Novice

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2010, 01:43:41 pm »

I do think the Beatles are the greatest band because their music is almost untouchable. Any cover of their songs is just ruining a classic. The only reason why Across the Universe was so successful is because they didn't stray from the original sound Wink
Chris3503
Novice

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2010, 08:26:56 pm »

The way that I view music is how it touches people. The Beatles have touched people in ways that artist today only dream about, I would have to say that the Beatles are the best band that I have ever had the pleasure to listen to.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: