The Student Lounge
January 19, 2020, 01:57:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Each listening critique must contain a minimum of 300 words to receive credit.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Piano Hero!?  (Read 2682 times)
greg6691
Songwriter (10 points)

View Profile
« on: December 02, 2009, 11:41:18 am »

This may sound strange at first but... hear me out. For the past few years, the video gaming music department has been engrossing a large revenue because of "Guitar Hero" and the various other spin-offs ( Rock Band, DJ Hero, etc.) Though the aim has been towards rockers (and as of recently, rappers) perhaps they have other spin-offs in store for the public. With a plethora of musical styles and artists to listen to, eventually RedOctane (company that created Guitar Hero) may have to break the cycle to keep the series fresh. Would they eventually turn towards classical, romantic, or even contemporary music? Highly unlikely but a possibility nonetheless.
Personally, I wouldn't mind if they did release such a game (may take a little getting used to in operating a piano controller) because it expands the type of music you listen to. I know it did for me when I played "The Beatles: Rockband". I knew who the Beatles were but I just knew their popular songs. After playing through he game, I realized I actually liked a few of their more "underground" songs. Perhaps it would be the same to others who would give this game a try? It's your call. Anyways, comment and enjoy this video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Kkre7-Bo-o
felisha9179
Composer (15 points)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 09:45:26 pm »

I think the videogame Band Hero should just add piano to it. I would personally love to play piano hero if it existed, but thats because im really strange. I think that video games like this are exposing kids and even adults to a whole variety of music. Its funny that you say that about Beatles Rockband, because i had the same experience. I knew there more popular songs, and when i played the game i fell in love with some of there not so popular songs. I think that it would be great to do something that would expose kids to classical and better yet showtunes and jazz through a video game. At the rate the budgets for the music departments in public schools are going it might be the best way to keep kids connected to music.
greg6691
Songwriter (10 points)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2009, 11:37:07 am »

Nah, you don't have to be strange to play videogames  Wink Especially when you get together with a bunch of friends and just rock out to the Beatles. And believe it or not, these musical games improve your playing on real instruments (well, if your at a beginning level like me) Especially if they have piano hero around. Why bother having a piano tutor when you have this game? Oh, and I don't know if you download songs from your console system but they have new Beatles CD's every few months or so. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band CD came out recently and next month they are releasing the Rubber Soul CD. I highly recommend playing them, every composition the Beatles have made has never let me down. Cheers!
Tiane2500
Master Musician (20 points)

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2009, 02:40:43 pm »

PIANO HERO!!! I would buy it! Sounds like crazy fun...hahaha. I can just imagine my grandma rocking out on it since she loves guitar hero so much.

Dare to live <3
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: