The Student Lounge
September 25, 2017, 02:46:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: About Concert Critiques  (Read 6541 times)
greg6691
Songwriter (10 points)

View Profile
« on: October 29, 2009, 09:30:33 am »

Professor Wuttke, I had finished my first concert critique yesterday. I had decided to post it on your web-site early this morning/afternoon; however, I cannot find the place to post the critique. Do we have to wait till Nov.1 till we can submit them or am I just overlooking a specific button/trigger on your site? Huh
Brian C. Wuttke
Administrator
Musical Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 02:28:17 pm »

If it was a concert not previously listed I will need to add a tab. Can you send me the following information:

Concert name and date
Coordinator's name
Date, time and location (room #) of concert

I taught it, but did they learn?
Haydee0430
Novice

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2009, 01:40:38 pm »

After submitting our critique on this website, do we have to print out a copy of our critique and turn it in the next time class meets or do we just turn in the pamphlet? 
Brian C. Wuttke
Administrator
Musical Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2009, 04:03:19 pm »

As demonstrated in class, go to "Concert Critiques," choose class you are in (MUL 1010 or MUL 2380), select the concert you went to, click on the reply button, post your critique. If you went to a concert not posted on the forum, you will have to get approval from me. and as previously listed, I will have to add a tab for you to post your critique.

Brian C. Wuttke
Administrator
Musical Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009, 06:17:34 pm »

Haydee:

Just turn in the concert program. You do not need to turn in a copy of your critique. You just post that on the website. Thanks!

Naureen4495
Afficionado (5 points)

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2009, 07:34:14 pm »

I just wanted to give my outlook on concert critiques.

I am really glad that you do enforce us to attend at least 2. Because they are truly entertaining and the assignments are not dreadful. These concerts help you get a view of how much hard work it takes and consistency to play music. I never really noticed how instruments were played and in what tempo. But due to this class, listening to music is more enjoyable.It was a pleasure attending the 2 faculty concerts and would love to attend more next semester.

* Naureen *
greg6691
Songwriter (10 points)

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2009, 11:50:44 am »

These concert critiques were great. I'm glad I experienced them; otherwise, why bother taking the class? I just wish they had some more opera... MDC needs to fund for an opera! Or perhaps some of te music teachers could compose a few pieces for a play? That would be cool. Wait... do they even have plays in MDC? Sorry, if I'm getting a little off topic.  Grin
felisha9179
Composer (15 points)

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2009, 10:00:19 pm »

These concert critiques were great. I'm glad I experienced them; otherwise, why bother taking the class? I just wish they had some more opera... MDC needs to fund for an opera! Or perhaps some of te music teachers could compose a few pieces for a play? That would be cool. Wait... do they even have plays in MDC? Sorry, if I'm getting a little off topic.  Grin

I AGREE SO COMPLETELY!! I love musical theatre and i wish more than anything we had a department here. There is one opera workshop class, but its just scenes from operas not the whole thing. I would so start a petoyion or something. It would be great for students and the faculty.
jean-claude2998
Composer (15 points)

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2010, 10:46:47 am »

love music because it makes me have different feeling. when I was a kid I thought that I was going to become  a singer when I grow up , but  when I grew up I change my mind because is very had to make music. The Singer becomes an instrument with a unique ability to fuse words and musical tones
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: