The Student Lounge
August 05, 2020, 05:32:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: All posts and revisions must be completed on or before 6:00 am on July 31st. NO EXCEPTIONS.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Question on the Bee Gees  (Read 3476 times)
Afficionado (5 points)
Posts: 9

View Profile
« on: September 27, 2009, 08:50:17 pm »

In the song "Night Fever" what is the instrument that they use to make the "wakakakakakakaka" type sound in the background Huh Thank You for your help.
Brian C. Wuttke
Musical Legend
Posts: 89

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 05:57:07 am »

Assuming you are talking about the original 1977 version and not a later remix, the instrument that creates the (I think you meant to say) "WakaWakaWaka" sound is an electric guitar with a "Wah-Wah" pedal. The musician presses up and down (or down and then up as the case may be) pedal with his foot while stumming either strings deadened by the fingers in the left hand (as in the beginning) or while playing chords (as it occurs later in the song).

Click here for more information on the "Wah-Wah" Pedal

I taught it, but did they learn?
Pages: [1]
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!