The Student Lounge
December 13, 2019, 08:33:04 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The painting by Raphael in the Vatican  (Read 4172 times)
Alfredo6528
Afficionado (5 points)

View Profile
« on: September 22, 2009, 05:08:11 pm »

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/94/Sanzio_01.jpg...

Thats the link, i found it on wikipedia.

If you notice it carefully, Michelangelo is on the floor with his head resting on his hand in a purple shirt, Leonardo is the center of the picture and if im not mistaken Donatello is next to him and last but not least if you focus all the way to the right hand side by the post there are a group of men and Raphael is the one looking straight at you. Next to the guy in the white.
greg6691
Songwriter (10 points)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 11:53:06 am »

Ah... what an intriguing painting. So much going on that it is easy to miss out on the little things that are occuring. Thanks for pointing out the artists!
felisha9179
Composer (15 points)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 09:58:37 pm »

I would love to be able to see this in person. I dont think you can grasp the imensity of it by looking at a picture. Lets hope one day i can go and see it for myself.
Barbara7022
Composer (15 points)

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2009, 08:14:14 pm »

The Sistene Chapel is breathtaking. Unfortunately there are idiotic people out there that were taking pictures with flash when I was there in '99. There are signs everywhere explaining how it deteriorates the masterpieces when using flash. Please do not use flash if you ever go, or our great grandchildern might not be able to appreciate this priceless work. Cry
Tiane2500
Master Musician (20 points)

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2009, 02:24:47 pm »

The art that is in the Vatican is so amazing, what happened to artists like these? How come in this day and age you don't find things like this anymore?

Dare to live <3
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: