The Student Lounge
September 20, 2019, 02:58:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Broadway in Review 10/22  (Read 3148 times)
Brian C. Wuttke
Administrator
Musical Legend

View Profile WWW
« on: August 21, 2009, 04:12:43 am »

Broadway in Review
Ken Blatt and Sheila Barrish soloists
Thursday, November 22nd, 7:30 pm

I taught it, but did they learn?
Marydelsi0513
Novice

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 05:42:39 am »

On October 22, 2009 I went to see “Broadway in Review”.  The performers were Ken Blatt on the Baritone and Shelia Barish on the Piano (solo). The show was nice but I will be very honest it wasn’t what I was excepting to go see at all. When I read “Broadway in Review” on the list of Concert, I said that’s what I want to go see.  I was expecting performers dancing while the featured artist was singing. Also having it be a little more upbeat and fun.  I also wasn’t excepting to see that many people there, there was people of all ages there I was a little impressed. As the concert went on I started to know the songs and was getting into it. Some of the songsthat I enjoyed were “Man of la Mancha” and “Working My Way Back to You Babe”. There was also one song that I never heard “I Got Rhythm”. As I listened to it, I ended up liking it and downloading it once I got home. There were also a few others songs that I enjoyed in which I never heard. I had to leave like 15 minuets before the concert ended because I had to go to class. I left right when I started to get into the concert and also that's when I started to know a lot more songs. I wish the concert would have started on time so that I would have been able to see the whole thing. Kent has a GREAT voice I think and he snug all the songs very well, especially “No Bossiness like Show Business”. I really felt as if I was in Broadway with that song. I actually really enjoyed that song. It made me feel like going to New York. Shelia also did a very good job on the piano. There was a point that I was just staring at her hands because they were going so fast.  It takes a lot of talent to play like that. Over all my feelings towards the end of the concert changed I really enjoyed it. I was excepting more, but what I got was just fine. I really enjoyed the fact that we had to go to a concert just because it was an experience and if would have never been told that I need to go I would have never gone. Sometimes we take things for granted and don’t realize all the things that we have that we never get to see just because of the way we all live our lives, which is a fast pace. I hope everyone that attended the concert also had a good experience. 
Giselle0303
Songwriter (10 points)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 07:47:22 am »

broadway is my favorite style music. I would have really loved to see this concert. I hate to hear it wasnt as good as poeple would have liked for it to be. Hopefully I didnt miss out on too much.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: